Задание к контрольной работе
по дисциплине «Английский язык»
(для специальности «Бухгалтерский учет, анализ и аудит»)
I. Перепишите следующие предложения; подчеркните в каждом из них глагол-сказуемое (в разделе а/ - сказуемое видовременной формы Continuous или Perfect; в разделе b/ - сказуемое в пассивном залоге), и определите его видовременную форму и залог. Переведите предложения на русский язык. В разделе (б) обратите внимание па перевод пассивных конструкций.
a) 1. The government has settled the problem of helping the poor for some time.
2. While a company is producing goods or trading, it is said to be in business.
b) 1. The form showing the value of the goods for taxation purposes is called the customs declaration form.
2. The workers are normally paid wages for working a certain number of hours each week.
II. Перепишите следующие предложения, подчеркните Participle I u Participle П. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. An agent who handles the documentation and transportation of exported goods is called an import agent or a forwarding agent.
2. When they arrive in the importing country they may then be stored in a warehouse until the buyer has paid for them.
3. The union might negotiate a pay rise or a bonus payment for increased productivity, for example.
4. All the investors in a limited company have limited liability.
III. Перепишите следующие предложения; подчеркните в каждом из них модальный глагол или его эквивалент. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. Under trade agreements certain goods from certain countries may be exempt from (they do not have to pay) some of the taxes or they may be allowed bigger quotas.
2. At key points in their lifetimes, workers in a market economy must make important decisions about their careers.
3. If the interest they have to pay is .higher than the rate of return they expect to earn, the businesses won't borrow the funds.
4. Just as countries can exchange products, they will also be able to exchange financial services and investment funds.
IV. Прочитайте и устно переведите текст. Перепишите и письменно переведите 1-й, 2-й и 3-й абзацы.
INTERNATIONAL TRADE AND EXCHANGE
1. When a country imports goods, it spends its currency abroad. When a country exports goods, it is paid in foreign currency. The difference between the money a country earns for goods and the amount it spends on goods is called its balance of trade (or trade balance.) Countries also trade abroad in things like insurance, tourism, foreign investment etc. which are known as invisible imports, and experts. When a country receives money, from abroad for things other than goods, the transaction is called an invisible export. When a country spends money abroad on things other than goods, the transaction is called an invisible import. The difference between the total amount of money a country spends and the total amount it earns is its balance of payments.
2. If a country earns more than it spends it has a favourable (favorable-?) balance of payments. A favourable balance of payments is also called a balance of payments surplus. If a country spends more than it earns it has an unfavourable balance of payments. This is also called a balance of payments deficit.
3. In order for international trade to lake place, countries have to buy and sell foreign currency/currencies. This is done on the foreign exchange market. The value of a currency on the foreign exchange market changes frequently and the price at which money can be exchanged at a particular time is called the exchange rate (rate of exchange). The changes in the exchange rate are influenced by many political and economic factors. The value of a currency will probably fall, for example, if a country has a large trade balance deficit.
4. The exchange rate can affect the price of exported goods. If the value of the exporter's currency falls (or takes a fall) he will make more profit. On the other hand, if the value of the foreign currency takes a fall the exporter may have to raise the prices abroad in order to make a profit. Alternatively the exporter can take out forward exchange cover. Forward exchange cover is a form of insurance. The exporter arranges to sell forward (e.g. in three months time) at an agreed rate of exchange the foreign currency he will receive from the sale of goods. This guards the exporter against losing money if the foreign currency falls in value.
V. Прочитайте 4-й абзац текста, перепишите вопрос и письменно ответьте на него.
1. What guards the exporter against losing money?